Inschpektor — The user friendly peer manager for your IOTA node
Over the past few months, I was digging a lot into nodejs and vuejs and wanted to bring what I learned somewhere into a project. That’s how inschpektor was born.
Inschpektor is inspired by the iota peer manager, but the feature-set is richer and the application architecture is generally better structured out (imho). The code is completely unrelated to iota-pm and not at all based on it.
So what are the features?
- Access to your iri config file. When adding or removing a neighbor, you can choose to do that temporarily or to really write that change into your IRI file automatically.
- Authentication: Keep your app publicly accessible, while being the only one able to execute commands or view specific data on your node.
- Restart your node: Directly from the web-ui!
- Track your neighbors: See if their node is still in sync, if they still communicate with your node, their IRI version, etc
- Instant feedback! You do not need to keep the web ui open for 30 seconds to see, which neighbors are still healthy and which are not. Open the app and directly see what is going on.
- Add nicknames to your peers
- It shows you the state of your own node (RAM consumption, java version, IRI version, sync state, etc)
👽 A neighbor not being persisted in your IRI config (probably a peer that NELSON manages)
👑 Premium neighbor, that allows for fetching additional info (like their milestone, their iri version, etc.)
- Node status badge: Compares the latest milestone with other peers and shows if your own node is in sync.
“I’m still here, give me the details!”
Let me help you getting through all of the stuff then.
How do I install & run it?
Stuff like that I you can find on the readme file directly on my github account, since the process could change with code changes. The github page will be most up to date, but there should not change much. I also created a youtube playlist for those that do not feel that confident about reading technical manuals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjXs7kpBqjQ&list=PLAjtvx6a60HLvuLDphPaFRhD3Oe0NVn9J
What do the 👑 & 👽 indicators on the dashboard mean in detail?
👽 This is a neighbor that only temporary appears an will be gone after a node restart
👑 This means a neighbor has the “premium” status. I, for myself, will make sure that my future static neighbors will be “premium” ones before I add them, since it makes the communication between our nodes more transparent. Instead of just the usual info you get about a neighbor, you get his iri version and his synced state on top of it.
What does the information for each neighbor (in the Dashboard) mean anyways?